Othello Life Drama
1. The main character, Denise, has decided to marry someone from a race and/or religion that her father won’t approve. She knows there is going to be a big scene. Describe the scene and write the dialogue that could occur between Denise, her father, and her husband-to-be.
2. There is a party. The main character, Michael (a generally good guy!), knows that he shouldn’t drink because he has to go to work in an hour. The Group he’s with tries to convince him that “a drink or two won’t hurt.” Michael goes to work and because he’s been drinking he starts a fight with a fellow employee. The boss enters. Describe the scene and write the dialogue that could occur between Michael, his boss, and his co-workers.
3. The main character, Joe, has given his girlfriend a special ring (one that means a lot to him. He sees his best friend wearing it. Describe the scene and write the dialogue that could occur between Joe and his girlfriend or between Joe and his best friend (You can change this around to make the main character a girl).
4. The main character, Nick, has had a bad fight with his best friend, Tony. Tony won’t return any of Nick’s phone calls and avoids him at school. Nick sees his best friend’s girlfriend, Jean, at school. Describe the scene and write dialogue where Nick asks Jean for her help.
5. Rob has worked hard to play on Varsity. He knows he’s good! He’s shown up for all the games and practices. The position that he wants goes to Bill, whose father is a friend of the coach. Describe the scene and write the dialogue where Rob tells his friends how he feels.6. Anna and her boyfriend aren’t doing well together but she is still really in love with him. She finds an
inexpensive ring that a friend of hers has lost. She knows it’s a ring that her boyfriend has always admired and said that he would like to own one like it. Describe the scene and write the story (or monologue/ dialogue) were Anna makes her decision about what she is going to do with the ring.
and your group are going to write a short play based on the previous
situation that has been assigned. You have been given characters and the
beginnings of a plot. In this play you are to create a drama of the
situation through description and dialogue.
Title of Play:____________________________________________
Stage directions: (Where is it set? What does the stage look like? What props are there? Who is on stage when the curtain rises? What are they going?)
Stage Direction: Joe looks nervous as he walks into science class. Class has not yet begun. There are only a few students in the room. Mrs. Green, the biology teacher has not yet arrived.
Joe: Did any one see Bill at lunch today?
Ted: No, why? Something wrong?Joe: (shaking his hear) ea! Big problems…