Attitudes Part II - After reading the play.
Consider the following social offenses. Rank each in the order of seriousness, with 1 being the most serious and 14 being the least.
________A. Friar Laurence planned a trick
________B. Juliet lied to her parents
________C. Romeo killed Tybalt
________D. Nurse advised Juliet to marry Paris
________E. Capulets and Montagues feud
________F. Apothecary sold poison
________G. Tybalt killed Mercutio
________H. Mercutio cursed both families
________I. Romeo killed Paris
________J. Juliet killed herself
________K. Romeo crashed Capulet's party
________L. Romeo and Juliet married against their parent's wishes
________M. Sampson bit his thumb at Abraham
________N. Tybalt picked a fight with Romeo
1. When everyone in your group has completed the assignment, compare your answers.
2. Discuss the items in which your group finds the most difference of opinion.
3. Come to group consensus (agreement) and rank the top five worst offenses.
4. List the top five offenses on the white board / overhead provided by Ms. Borger.
5. Be prepared to defend your decisions in a class discussion.
*Note: If you missed class the day we did this activity, complete the rankings and write a paragraph explaining your choices.